Visit Dr. Solomon Kamson's Website
Ask Dr. Kamson about spine treatment
Dr. Solomon Kamson M.D., Ph.D., M.H.A., F.I.P.P., F.R.C.S.,
“Specializing in Interventional Pain Management & Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery”
Dr. Kamson is a well established, educated and experienced medical doctor who specializes in interventional pain management and minimally invasive surgery with a special interest in:
• Diagnosis & treatment of cervical, thoracic, & lumbar spine conditions
• Clinical research & teaching of Minimally Invasive Spine procedures
Dr. Kamson began his medical journey in 1976 at Western Illinois University and in 1983 completed his Surgical/Medical Internship at Mercy Hospital in Ann Arbor, MI., through the University of Michigan. In 1985 he completed his Anesthesiology Residency at the University of Washington. Dr. Kamson has won many scholarships and awards for his clinical research, education and publications.
His medical research is based on worldwide medical research and he is a Fellow member and Diplomat of various medical organizations including:
• Fellow of the World Institute of Pain (Peer Reviewed Practical Examination, Budapest, Hungary)
• Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons
• Fellow of the American Academy of Minimally Invasive Spine Medicine and Surgery
• Fellow – California Spine Institute Center for Minimally Invasive Surgery
• Fellow – ARCADE Privatklinik Niederschmalkalden, Germany (Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery)
• Diplomate – American College of Healthcare Executives
• Diplomate - American Board of Anesthesiology
• Diplomate – With Added Qualification in Pain Specialty, Am. Board of Anesthesiology.
• Diplomate - American Academy of Pain Management
Active Medical Licensure - State of Washington and California
• 2012 Present Clinical Assistant Professor
• 2002 Washington State Society of Interventional Pain Physicians : Present Board Member
• 2000 Washington Spine Diagnostics and Treatment Center; Kirkland, WA : Present Medical Director
• 2000 American Academy of Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery and Medicine Present Board Member
• 1998 Westlake surgery Center; Seattle, WA
• 1999 Medical Director, Pain Management;
• 1997 to Providence Medical Center Pain Clinic; Seattle, WA
• 1995 to Anesthesia Resources, Inc, Providence Medical Center; Seattle, WA
• 1998 Coordinator/Director
• 1986 to University of Washington; School of Medicine; Dept. of Anesthesiology
11/01 California Spine Institute for Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
Post Graduate Fellowship in Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
9/02 ARCADE Privatklinik Niederschmalkalden
Present Fellowship in Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery and Orthopedics
7/99 University of Washington , Department of Health Sciences
Masters Degree in Health Sciences Administration
9/88 University of Colorado, Health Sciences Center
Post Graduate Fellowship training in Cardio-thoracic Anesthesiology
6/85 University of Washington, School of Medicine
Residency Training in Anesthesiology
6/82 Washington University , School of Medicine
St. Louis, Missouri MD
6/78 University of Michigan
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Bachelors of Science
Honors Physical Chemistry major
6/76 Western Illinois University
Dean's list Scholar
Scholastic Tuition Waiver Recipient
Additional education & training
Scholarships, Awards, Publications
1. Medical Text: Manchikanti, L et al, ‘Low Back Pain- Diagnosis and Treatment', First Edition, 2002.
Chapters by Kamson, S
i. Endoscopic Lumbar Discectomy with Laser and Radiofrequency Discoplasty.
ii. Fluoroscopic Anatomy of Lumbar Spine.
2. Medical Text: Savitz, M et al, 'The Practice of Minimally Invasive Spinal Technique', Millennium Edition, 2001.
Chapters by Kamson, S
i. Electrical Neuro-stimulation for Treatment of Intractable Pain
ii. Radiofrequency Techniques for Pain Management
3. Medical Text: Spinal Anatomy for Interventional Procedures, Best, T. M et al.
Chapter by Kamson, S MD
‘Fluoroscopic Manual for Pain Management'
4. Recent Research/Abstract:
Kamson S, Wright R, Finch P et al, ‘Precise In Vivo Measurement of Peak Intra-Annular Temperatures
Obtained during Intradiscal Electrothermal Therapy (IDET)'.
Presented at International Intradiscal Therapy Society
Annual Meeting, Williamsburg, VA. June 8-10, 2000
5. Recent Lectures and Faculty/Speakers Forum:
a. American College of Physicians & Surgeons, Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery Update, March 2003 (Keystone, CO), “Endoscopic
Cervical discectomy for foraminal herniation”.
b. American Pain Society, 21 st Annual Scientific Meeting, March 2002
( Baltimore , MD ), “From the Bench to the Bedside, Minimally Invasive
Spine Surgery (M.I.S.S)”.
c. American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians, 4 th Annual
Meeting, September 2002 (Washington, DC), “M.I.S.S Fact or Fiction?”
d. Washington State Podiatric Medical Society Scientific Seminar, 2002,
“New techniques in treatment of intractable neuropathic pain”
6. Full Tuition Scholarship - 1975, 1976, 1977.
7. Sidney Schwab Honors Prize in Psychiatry, Washington Univ. School of Medicine 1982
• American Board of Minimally Invasive Spine Medicine and Surgery
• American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
• American College of Healthcare Executives
• International Neuromodulation Society
• Visiting Professor, Department of Orthopedics & Pain, Central-South University, Changsha, China, 2007
• Teaching Faculty, World Congress, American Academy of Minimally Invasive Spine Medicine & Surgery, 2003 to present
• Teaching Faculty, American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians,
Other professional appointments
Editorial Advisory Board:
Pain Physician – Official Journal of Assoc. of Interventional Pain Management Physicians
Executive Board Member:
American Academy of Minimally Invasive Spine Medicine and Surgery
Teaching Faculty Appointments
• UW Residency Program in Anesthesiology
• Clinical Educations, Services Inc., Wilmington , MA
• Oratec, Medical Education/Workshops
• World Congress, AAMISMS Teaching Faculty
• Radionics, Clinical Teaching Faculty
• ASIPP, Clinical Teaching Faculty