Visit Dr. Solomon Kamson's Website
Ask Dr. Kamson about spine treatment
Dr. Solomon Kamson M.D., Ph.D., M.H.A., F.I.P.P., F.R.C.S.,
“Specializing in Interventional Pain Management & Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery”
Stephanie Proulx After Her Operation at Spine Institute Northwest
"I had a lot of back pain, sciatic pain..the pain was so much at that time that I really didn't do much. Now, it's starting to look good again. It is usually my knees now that hurt before my back hurts... I would say get it taken care of so you can get back to normal living again."
- Stephanie Proulx, advising other patients to seek treatment for their back pain
"What are you waiting for? What are you thinking, you're going to get any better? If you're dealing with it for 6 months...get it done!"
- David Hurlbut, SINW patient telling other Alaskan's to seek treatment for their pains
"I was just astonished to come into the surgery and to be able to leave that night..to me it was just fantastic."
-Lorraine Kuzior, on recovering from a car accident after back surgery at SINW
"I liked talking to the doctor when I first met him.He seemed knowledgeable, he seemed open, he seemed to really care...I like Doctor Kamson himself."
-Glenn Steig, on working with Dr. Kamson for his operation
"I'm back to doing things that I've always enjoyed.I couldn't have worked 30 minutes before."
-Irma Stennes, 90-year-old laser spine surgery patient on her progress after her operation
"It's amazing. I'm back to all my normal activities."
-Jaselyn Lee, lumbar discectomy patient, on the outcome of her operation at SINW
"It's been excellent..I can't thank you guys enough for the care we got, the service we got."
- John Wieler, Manitoba resident and spine surgery patient, on the care he received from Dr. Kamson and Spine
"Dr. Kamson was pretty thorough about the procedure. Dr. Kamson and his staff knew exactly what I needed to do to get the insurance ok. I would recommend him to anyone who has back surgery (and) back problems.
-Michael Reitz, spinal fusion patient
"I would recommend you folks (Spine Institute Northwest) to anyone."
-Sissy Falcon-Johnson, back surgery patient (herniated disc)
"Before I got surgery, I couldn't walk. Today, I have very little discomfort."
-Michael Shaffer, laser spine patient
Kole Finley's Experience After Back Surgery
"Let’s put it this way..it took me an hour to straighten out..when I couldn’t even bend straight up when I got out of bed, that’s gone. The pain that would shoot around the hips, that’s gone. This nagging, dive-me-crazy-up-the-wall pain that I would lay on my bed trying to get to sleep and you could never find a position and I don’t care how hard or soft your bed was - that’s gone. These are the things that I came in to get rid of, and they’re all gone."
- Mitchell Piorkowski, On having all his pain disappear after treatment at SINW
"Definitely have it looked at. This procedure is new, but it’s wonderful. I’d do it again, but I just don’t want to do it again right away! But I would if need be. It’s a great procedure.I’m just amazed."
- Tina Morris, Urging others to do the same and have their backs examined at SINW
"I was hoping for a pain level of five or lower…I would have been happy with a seven probably, but I never expected to have the results that I have."
- Chris Catron, On his pain level after surgery at SINW
"I’ve heard nothing but positive about Dr. Kamson, and you know, Spine Institute Northwest."
- Al Gatti, SINW patient
"You’ve been in survival mode for so long you don’t even realize you’ve started breathing again."
- Andrea Snyder-Nelson, On her relief after surgery
"Dr. Kamson is a genuine man, he’s authentic, and that’s a rare quality these days."
- Eric Smith, On meeting Dr. Kamson
"I like the way Dr. Kamson takes his time to explain things. I felt very comfortable with him. I really liked the nurse. She called periodically three or four times between my appointments just to check in on me and she gave me her number and the Doctor’s cell phone number in case anything happened, so she was really helpful."
- Jason Skidmore, On Dr. Kamson and his staff at Spine Institue Northwest
"I was pretty confident that he was going to help me, and he certainly did."
- Mark Tidball, On being Dr. Kamson’s patient
"The greatest thing about it was you know, that I walked out of surgery and the next day I was able to walk still. Usually your perception is, well after I go through surgery, I’m in bed not moving for you know, one, two three weeks and whatever, and we got out of here the next day and drove home and I was home by myself, you know I didn’t get any care and there was no one home to look after me, and I was able to do everything myself. That was great. "
- Pasha Koulechov, On being able to walk out on his own after surgery
"I have bragged about Dr. Kamson and the Spine Institute and their staff to everyone that I know. They are probably getting sick of it but I don’t care. I want to shout it from the mountain tops that this place is amazing, Dr. Kamson is amazing. He has changed my life."
- Amy Klingele, On her experience with Dr. Kamson and Spine Institute Northwest
Dr. Kamson is a well established, educated and experienced medical doctor who specializes in interventional pain management and minimally invasive surgery with a special interest in:
• Diagnosis & treatment of cervical, thoracic, & lumbar spine conditions
• Clinical research & teaching of Minimally Invasive Spine procedures
Dr. Kamson began his medical journey in 1976 at Western Illinois University and in 1983 completed his Surgical/Medical Internship at Mercy Hospital in Ann Arbor, MI., through the University of Michigan. In 1985 he completed his Anesthesiology Residency at the University of Washington. Dr. Kamson has won many scholarships and awards for his clinical research, education and publications.
His medical research is based on worldwide medical research and he is a Fellow member and Diplomat of various medical organizations including:
• Fellow of the World Institute of Pain (Peer Reviewed Practical Examination, Budapest, Hungary)
• Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons
• Fellow of the American Academy of Minimally Invasive Spine Medicine and Surgery
• Fellow – California Spine Institute Center for Minimally Invasive Surgery
• Fellow – ARCADE Privatklinik Niederschmalkalden, Germany (Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery)
• Diplomate – American College of Healthcare Executives
• Diplomate - American Board of Anesthesiology
• Diplomate – With Added Qualification in Pain Specialty, Am. Board of Anesthesiology.
• Diplomate - American Academy of Pain Management
Active Medical Licensure - State of Washington and California
• 2012 Present Clinical Assistant Professor
• 2002 Washington State Society of Interventional Pain Physicians : Present Board Member
• 2000 Washington Spine Diagnostics and Treatment Center; Kirkland, WA : Present Medical Director
• 2000 American Academy of Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery and Medicine Present Board Member
• 1998 Westlake surgery Center; Seattle, WA
• 1999 Medical Director, Pain Management;
• 1997 to Providence Medical Center Pain Clinic; Seattle, WA
• 1995 to Anesthesia Resources, Inc, Providence Medical Center; Seattle, WA
• 1998 Coordinator/Director
• 1986 to University of Washington; School of Medicine; Dept. of Anesthesiology
11/01 California Spine Institute for Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
Post Graduate Fellowship in Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
9/02 ARCADE Privatklinik Niederschmalkalden
Present Fellowship in Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery and Orthopedics
7/99 University of Washington , Department of Health Sciences
Masters Degree in Health Sciences Administration
9/88 University of Colorado, Health Sciences Center
Post Graduate Fellowship training in Cardio-thoracic Anesthesiology
6/85 University of Washington, School of Medicine
Residency Training in Anesthesiology
6/82 Washington University , School of Medicine
St. Louis, Missouri MD
6/78 University of Michigan
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Bachelors of Science
Honors Physical Chemistry major
6/76 Western Illinois University
Dean's list Scholar
Scholastic Tuition Waiver Recipient
Additional education & training
Scholarships, Awards, Publications
1. Medical Text: Manchikanti, L et al, ‘Low Back Pain- Diagnosis and Treatment', First Edition, 2002.
Chapters by Kamson, S
i. Endoscopic Lumbar Discectomy with Laser and Radiofrequency Discoplasty.
ii. Fluoroscopic Anatomy of Lumbar Spine.
2. Medical Text: Savitz, M et al, 'The Practice of Minimally Invasive Spinal Technique', Millennium Edition, 2001.
Chapters by Kamson, S
i. Electrical Neuro-stimulation for Treatment of Intractable Pain
ii. Radiofrequency Techniques for Pain Management
3. Medical Text: Spinal Anatomy for Interventional Procedures, Best, T. M et al.
Chapter by Kamson, S MD
‘Fluoroscopic Manual for Pain Management'
4. Recent Research/Abstract:
Kamson S, Wright R, Finch P et al, ‘Precise In Vivo Measurement of Peak Intra-Annular Temperatures
Obtained during Intradiscal Electrothermal Therapy (IDET)'.
Presented at International Intradiscal Therapy Society
Annual Meeting, Williamsburg, VA. June 8-10, 2000
5. Recent Lectures and Faculty/Speakers Forum:
a. American College of Physicians & Surgeons, Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery Update, March 2003 (Keystone, CO), “Endoscopic
Cervical discectomy for foraminal herniation”.
b. American Pain Society, 21 st Annual Scientific Meeting, March 2002
( Baltimore , MD ), “From the Bench to the Bedside, Minimally Invasive
Spine Surgery (M.I.S.S)”.
c. American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians, 4 th Annual
Meeting, September 2002 (Washington, DC), “M.I.S.S Fact or Fiction?”
d. Washington State Podiatric Medical Society Scientific Seminar, 2002,
“New techniques in treatment of intractable neuropathic pain”
6. Full Tuition Scholarship - 1975, 1976, 1977.
7. Sidney Schwab Honors Prize in Psychiatry, Washington Univ. School of Medicine 1982
• American Board of Minimally Invasive Spine Medicine and Surgery
• American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
• American College of Healthcare Executives
• International Neuromodulation Society
• Visiting Professor, Department of Orthopedics & Pain, Central-South University, Changsha, China, 2007
• Teaching Faculty, World Congress, American Academy of Minimally Invasive Spine Medicine & Surgery, 2003 to present
• Teaching Faculty, American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians,
Other professional appointments
Editorial Advisory Board:
Pain Physician – Official Journal of Assoc. of Interventional Pain Management Physicians
Executive Board Member:
American Academy of Minimally Invasive Spine Medicine and Surgery
Teaching Faculty Appointments
• UW Residency Program in Anesthesiology
• Clinical Educations, Services Inc., Wilmington , MA
• Oratec, Medical Education/Workshops
• World Congress, AAMISMS Teaching Faculty
• Radionics, Clinical Teaching Faculty
• ASIPP, Clinical Teaching Faculty
Dr. Solomon Kamson
PHONE: (425) 486-1000 or (866) 868-8076
FAX: (425) 939-5220
1629 220th ST SE, SUITE 201 BOTHELL Washington 98021